PHOTOS:MEET MONSTER HUSBAND WHO CHOPPED WIFE’S HANDS IN RAGE

| August 1, 2016 | 0 Comments

The man suspected of chopping the hands of his wife of seven years because they could not have children was on Monday charged with attempted murder.

Stephen Ngila Nthenge, 34, was arraigned at Wamunyu law courts where he denied the charge. He will be remanded until August 5.

LEFT: Ms Jackline Mwende. RIGHT: Stephen Ngila Nthenge.

LEFT: Ms Jackline Mwende. RIGHT: Stephen Ngila Nthenge.

The man had attacked Ms Jackline Mwende, 27, of Kathama village, Masii in Machakos County with a panga on the evening of July 24 over not having a child.

Besides chopping her hands, he also cut her on the head and face.

The man, a tailor at Masii town, had moved out of their matrimonial house three months ago and only returned on July 24 to stage the attack.

Machakos County Women Representative Dr Susan Musyoka consoles Ms Jackline Mwende at Machakos level 5 hospital. PHOTO | STEPEHN MUTHINI

Machakos County Women Representative Dr Susan Musyoka consoles Ms Jackline Mwende at Machakos level 5 hospital. PHOTO | STEPEHN MUTHINI

“I could not understand why he was blaming me yet we had gone to hospital last year and the doctors had said he was the one with issues, which could be corrected,” Ms Mwende said at her father’s Kathama home, where she lives after being discharged from Machakos Level 5 Hospital on Friday.

The man was arrested on Monday July 25 at around 1pm in Machakos town hours after he fled his home in Masii.

-nairobinews.nation.co.ke

LEFT: Ms Jackline Mwende at her father's home in Kathama village. RIGHT: Stephen Ngila Nthenge at Wamunyu law courts on August 1, 2016.

Tags: ,

Category: EDITORIAL, NEWS

Leave a Reply