Do you want to be blessed? Do you want to receive blessings from God? Do you want to have a blessed New Year? If you do, then, here is one simple thing you can do.
Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Malachi 3:10a.
How do you get blessed by bringing your tithes to the house of The Lord? Let us read further in this verse.
And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need. Malachi 3:10b
This is a unique passage. I may be wrong, but this is the only time in scripture the Lord says, “Put me to test.” What a challenge! And He states exactly what He will do for us if we do this.
… I will – open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need
Notice, that He says; I will open the windows of heaven and pour down a blessing until there is no need. Take a look at how the NIV translation says on this verse.
“I will … pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.”
In addition to this, The Lord will do the following for you.
I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty. 12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty. Malachi 3:10
Because you are faithful in supplying the needs for the house of the Lord, He then protects your property and all that you do. In a sense, by doing this, The Lord is protecting his interests. He will protect and prosper the source of your tithes.
Here are some very important points to remember concerning this command.
1. The tithes must be brought in full, not half or in part.
2. The tithes must be brought to the house (church) of the Lord. They are not to be given to your relatives, or anyone else.
3. The tithes provide for the needs of the priests/Pastors in the house of the Lord.
Now take note of this point concerning the promise.
You are the beneficiary of these tithes.
You will receive more than what you have given. God promises to do more for you when you bring your tithes to His house. Some Christians believe the church or the pastors are the beneficiaries of the tithes. This is far from the truth. The truth is this, the one giving actually receives more than what they have given.
Tithes are God’s way of funding His programs here on earth through the church. And those who help God fund His programs receive abundant blessings for partnering with God in fulfilling His agendas here on earth.
Since the one who gives tithes benefits the most, it is to your advantage to be faithful in tithing. This is why, one of the ways to have a blessed New Year, is by faithfully bringing your tithes to the house of God.
1. If the scriptures are this clear about tithes, why do you think some Christians are not bringing their tithes to the House of God?
2. Are you a tither? If so, have you experienced the benefits of tithing? If you have experienced these blessings, testify so others may know that we can count on God’s promises.
3. But if you are not a tither, what reasons do you have for not obeying this command of God? Remember yesterday’s lessons was about the benefits of obeying God’s word.
4. How is today’s lesson going to change your view of tithing?
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house.
Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open
the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will
not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from
devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields
will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,”
says the Lord Almighty.
This is why you should
BRING YOUR TITHES TO THE HOUSE OF THE LORD
By Pastor Shadrack Ruto