“LIVING IN THE GREAT ‘UNTIL’”
A renowned, veteran minister wrote, “I’m not waiting for the abolition of war and poverty or urban renewal. I’m living in the great ‘until.’ If somebody asks you what time it is, tell him it’s ‘until.’ He might look at you funny, but it will give you a chance to get in a word. We are living in the great ‘until.’”
The Bible speaks of the “great until” many times. Note:
1. We are waiting “till” His enemies are made His footstool” (Psalm 110:1).
2. We are told to “Do business (occupy) till” He comes (Luke 19:13).
3. We are waiting “until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled” (Luke 21:24).
4. We are admonished to “judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes”
(1 Corinthians 4:5).
5. We “proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes,” when partaking of communion
(1 Corinthians 11:26).
6. We are waiting “till He has put all enemies under His feet” (1 Corinthians 15:25).
7. We remain “confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you
will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ” (Philippians 1:6).
- We are to “be sincere and without offense till the day of Jesus Christ” (Philippians
- We are waiting until He subdues “all things to Himself” (Philippians 3:21).
- We are told to “hold fast what you have till I come” (Revelation 2:25).
Dave Arnold, Pastor
Gulf Coast Worship Center
New Port Richey , Florida 34654
Click here for More on 60 Seconds with David Arnold