DEVOTION:He Has Never Been Wrong
When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations—the Hittites, Girgashites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites, seven nations larger and stronger than you—and when the Lord your God has delivered them over to you and you have defeated them, then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy. Do not intermarry with them. Do not give your daughters to their sons or take their daughters for your sons, for they will turn your sons away from following me to serve other gods, and the Lord’s anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you. Deuteronomy 7:1-4
But Solomon failed to take heed of this warning:
King Solomon, however, loved many foreign women besides Pharaoh’s daughter—Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Sidonians and Hittites. They were from nations about which the Lord had told the Israelites, “You must not intermarry with them, because they will surely turn your hearts after their gods.” Nevertheless, Solomon held fast to them in love. 1 Kings 11:1-2
And God proved to be right. Solomon’s heart was turned away from loving God.
He had seven hundred wives of royal birth and three hundred concubines, and his wives led him astray. As Solomon grew old, his wives turned his heart after other gods, and his heart was not fully devoted to the Lord his God, as the heart of David his father had been. He followed Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, and Molech the detestable god of the Ammonites. So Solomon did evil in the eyes of the Lord; he did not follow the Lord completely, as David his father had done. 1 Kings 11:3-6
What God had warned against happened to Solomon. But something else also came true, “and the Lord’s anger will burn against you and will quickly destroy you.” Here is what God said to Solomon:
The Lord became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned away from the Lord, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. Although he had forbidden Solomon to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the Lord’s command. So the Lord said to Solomon, “Since this is your attitude and you have not kept my covenant and my decrees, which I commanded you, I will most certainly tear the kingdom away from you and give it to one of your subordinates. 1 Kings 11:9-11
Solomon started well his kingship but failed to end right because he did not heed the warning from God. God is just, faithful, and righteous, and whatever He says will come to pass.
He Has Never Been Wrong
- God has always been very clear and specific about His warning. Our ancestors, Adam and Eve disobeyed this warning “And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.” Genesis 2:16-17
- In Genesis 4, Adam and Eve saw what death look like when Cain killed his brother Abel.
- And in Genesis 5 we find a very strange and yet very impressive genealogy from Adam to Noah. Strange to us and impressive because of the length of years people lived in those days. But we can easily miss the main point of this genealogy, it was written to prove that even if man lived over 900 years, they still died.
- Today, death continues to be a reminder of the danger of failing to take heeds the warnings from God.
- Today, we are where we are and are what we are because our first parents failed to take heed of the warning and a command from God.
- If at all you have rebelled against God in your life, I would like to assure you that God’s love for you is relentless. He loves you and wants to make you a new person.
- This is according to: 2 Corinthians 5:17 which says: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”
- Remember Rahab the prostitute! When he turned to the true God of Israel, her life was never the same. She became a great grandmother of King David and the ancestor of our Lord Jesus Christ. Can you imagine that?
- Christ said, “For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost.” Luke 19:10
- It is also clear from Scripture that those who failed to give their lives to Christ will spend their eternity in a burning fire, Hell. Nothing is hidden!
- 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9
He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power
- Revelation 20:14-15
Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
- Is your name written in the book of Life? Give your life to Christ so that your name will be written in the book of life.
- Are you today in rebellion against God’s warning or command? Do not be deceived, you will never escaped from the consequences either stated or naturally built in.
- Turn to God and you will experience the joy of living right for the Lord
- Cry out to God for help if you are in very tempting circumstances.
If you go against God’s warning, you will pay the consequences therein
You will never escape these consequences for
He Has Never Been Wrong!
Read: 1 Kings 4:29-11:13
Marked: 1 Kings 11:1-2
By Pastor Shadrack Ruto