Returnee tries large scale farming After successful fashion design in Diaspora
A Kenyan Diaspora returnee, has found success in large scale farming in Kilgoris Kisii,proving that you don’t have to be in Diaspora or in a big cites in Kenya to succeed.
Lydia Kemunto Cutler lived in different countries abroad (India, Australia & UK) for 21 years where she got awarded 5 times as the best African fashion designer in Europe 2013, runner up in Britain’s Top Designer Competition 2012, Best Bridal Wear Designer for North East Scotland and many other Awards.
After the successful fashion design carrier in Europe, Lydia decided to go back home to Kenya to start a large scale farming which has successfully paid off.
Here are some of the achievements while in Diaspora.
1. Runner up Britain’s Top Designer Competition 2012
2. African Achievers Awards 2012 (fashion)
3. Gathering of Africa’s Best Awards 2012 (fashion)
4. UK Kenya Achievers Awards 2012 (business personality)
5.Scottish Bridal & Fashion Awards 2013 (Bridal designer – North East Scotland)
6. African Women in Europe Awards (fashion)
Perth Fashion Week Australia
London Fashion Week FF
African Fashion Week London
Brooklyn Fashion Week USA
Several charity fashion shows around the world.
HER SPONSORS WERE:
1. UKenTV London 2012
2. Miss Bikini International (Kenya Contestant) China 2011-12
3. Miss Intercontinental Scotland (Manchester) 2012
4. Miss Africa Scotland 2011-2013
5. Miss Nigeria Scotland 2010 (Aberdeen)
6. Kemunto FC Aberdeen 2010-12
7. Kemunto FC Kenya 2012-2013
By Isaac Kariuki