Learn How-Green Card through family member or Specialized jobs


US immigrationMany people get green cards through family members. You may be eligible to get a Green Card as:

• An immediate relative of a US citizen, this includes spouses, unmarried children under the age of 21, and parents of US citizen petitioners 21 or older

• A family member of a US citizen fitting into a preference category, this includes unmarried sons or daughters over the age of 21, married children of any age, and brothers and sisters of US citizen petitioners 21 or older

• A family member of a green card holder, this includes spouses and unmarried children of the sponsoring green card holder

Green card through a job

• Green card through a job offer: You may be eligible to become a permanent resident based on an offer of permanent employment in the United States. Most categories require an employer to get a labor certification and then file a Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, for you.

• Green card through investment: Green cards may be available to investors/entrepreneurs who are making an investment in an enterprise that creates new US jobs.

• Green card through special categories of jobs: There are a number of specialized jobs that may allow you to get a green card based on a past or current job, such as:

Afghan/Iraqi translator


International organization employee

Iraqi who assisted the US government

Panama Canal employee

Physician National Interest Waiver

Religious worker


Comment on the article

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

%d bloggers like this: