Kenya Embassy: E-Passports Application Requirements for the Diaspora
You can apply for a new passport or replace your current passport through the ecitizen portal <www.ecitizen.go.ke>. You’ll have to download and print out a form at the end. You must sign and date the form, add the documents and photographs that are required (see below) and submit them in person at the Embassy for biometric capture.
You’ll pay using mobile money, Credit, Debit Cards or online banking.
STEPS TO APPLY:
- Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Go to immigration.ecitizen.go.ke and or Department of immigration services and click on the passport application form.
- Read the instructions carefully then fill the application form.
- Select the mode of payment and pay for the passport fees.
- Download and print the application form and three application receipts.
- Submit the application form in person to the Embassy located at 2249 R Street NW, WASHINGTON DC 20008
Kenya Embassy Passports Application
DURING THE SUBMISSION (AT THE EMBASSY) YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING:
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
- Original birth certificate and photocopy (First time applications – Never held a Kenyan Passport)
- 2nd Generation Original Kenya National ID Card & copy.
- Three Current passport size photographs.
- 2nd Generation Recommender’s ID card copy.
- Consent letter for minors – UNDER 18
- Original current passport for replacement.
- Parents National ID cards copy (First time applications – Never held a Kenyan Passport)
eCITIZEN QUERIES CONTACT:
T: +254 780 206 206
E: [email protected]