PROPOSED PROCEDURES FOR IMPORTATION OF VEHICLES BY KENYAN DIASPORA
The guidelines are as follows:
1. The returning resident must meet all the conditions stipulated in the 5th Schedule of EACMMA, 2004 regarding the definition of a returning resident.
2. The returning resident must be able to prove ownership of a vehicle in the country of residence for a period of at least one year.
3. The returning resident must also provide proof of vehicle deregistration at the time of changing residence before being allowed to import a vehicle from another country.
4. The vehicle must be of the same category as the vehicle owned in country of residence.
5. The vehicle imported from another country will be entered provisionally pending confirmation of adherence to the guidelines.
The above guidelines are proposed to take effect from November 1, 2014.
HENRY K. ROTICH
CABINET SECRETARY/THE NATIONAL TREASURY