Wetangula Reacts to Second Beating By Wife Claims
Bungoma Senator Moses Wetangula has responded to claims that he was beaten by his wife for the second time.
On Sunday, the CORD co-principal took to his twitter account terming the allegations as malicious claims spread by people who were out to tarnish his name.
Mr Wetangula said that those spreading the rumours were wicked in their quest to portray him in bad light.
“I learned long ago that when you are in public competition, you will be a target of all manner of malicious abuse like imaginary beatings.
“What is important is not to be distracted from your set goals by such wickedness and malice,” said Wetangula.
On Thursday last week, a section of Kenyans on social media under #WetangulaBeatenAgainclaimed that the senator had suffered a second beating by his wife.
During the attack, Wetangula purported that the government had deployed officers in the area armed with clubs instead of modern equipment to battle the lone gunman.
“Lone remandee takes policeman’s gun, shoots 7 policemen dead with several hostages in Kapenguria. Rescue force has rushed there with rungus, [sic]” the top Opposition leader posted.
Early this year it was reported that the senator had filed a complaint at the Lang’ata Police Station over an alleged assault by his wife.
The matter elicited an online brouhaha with Kenyans including Deputy President William Ruto mercilessly mocking the Senator.
Here are the tweets by Wetangula: