The Kenyan Red Cross has said the number of missing people in the Westgate mall terror attack has gone down to 39 from an earlier figure of 61.
Fourteen of the missing have been found alive and seven bodies were in the morgue, it said.
The government has said 67 people were killed after al-Shabab militants stormed the Westgate centre in the Nairobi on September 21.
MPs have started a probe into alleged intelligence failings over the attack.
The Red Cross says some relatives were not updating them when they found people who had been reported as missing.
A Red Cross tracing manager has told the BBC that “some were reports from people who could not get through to their relatives on the phone and thought they might have been at the mall”.
The organisation has been calling those who reported people missing for updates.
Five militants were killed by the security forces during the four-day siege and 10 people have since been arrested, the authorities say.
Al-Shabab, a Somali Islamist group, said the attack was in retaliation for Kenya’s military involvement in Somalia.-standardmedia.co.ke