DEVOTION:NO ONE CAN MAKE THIS DECISION FOR YOU!
Today’s passage is one of the most important passages as far as I am concern. These two verses did it for me. What these verses say got me thinking about my future destiny. This destiny is, of course, life beyond this earthly life.
Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:13-14
It is clear that the road to eternal life is hard to find and many miss it. Now since I wanted to make sure my destiny – eternal life in Heaven – was assured, I sought to know where to find this narrow road. In answer to my quest, one of my teachers gave me this verse to memorize:
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:6
Here is another verse I had memorized earlier.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.John 3:16
These three scriptures made it quite clear to me what these two roads/gates represent! These two roads/gates represents how we live our lives. The choices we make in this life. These verses enabled me to see that all I needed was Christ and Christ alone for my Salvation, my ticket to Heaven where our Heavenly father dwells.
To accept Christ as your savior and live a righteous life is represented by the narrow road. The alternative is the wide/broad road/gate, which leads to eternal condemnation.
- Do you remember the verse or chapter in the Bible that did it for you?
- If this verse or chapter worked for you, have you used it to share the good news with others?
- Had you heard before of these two ways or roads or gates that lead to two different destinations?
- Which verse in the Bible do you consider to be powerful or effective for sharing about Salvation?
- If you have not given your life to Christ, what is your response to these preceding verses? Just remember Salvation is not what you do for yourself, it is what Christ has done for you on the cross.
These are two different roads, two gates
These lead to two different destinies
One is broad and the other narrow
The broad leads to destruction
The narrow leads to life
The choice is yours
Which one do
NO ONE CAN MAKE THIS DECISION FOR YOU!
By Pastor Shadrack Ruto