DEVOTION:Have You Told Anyone About This?
The Samaritan woman’s encounter with Jesus turned her into an evangelist. When she got back to the city, she told everyone about Jesus.
Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I ever did.” John 4:39
Something drastic and life changing had happened to her that in spite of her lifestyle, her testimony led many to believe in Jesus. Everyone in town knew that she was living with her fifth husband, but still, they believed her testimony about Jesus. This could only be on account of her encounter with Jesus.
When you have an encounter with Jesus, you will never be the same. Like the Samaritan woman, you will be turned into an evangelist.
1. Have you had an encounter with Jesus? Has Jesus done anything for you? If so, does anyone know about this? In other words, have you told anyone about this experience?
2. The most effective way to witness to unbelievers is to tell them about what Jesus has done for you. Here are some things you can share:
a. Tell them about your experience of salvation. How it happened. How you were before and how different you are after this salvation experience.
b. Tell them about your answered prayers.
c. Tell about your other personal encounters with Christ since you were transformed into a child of God.
d. Tell them what it means to be a child of God and what difference it has made in your life.
3. Testimonies are to be shared with other people for the glory of God. When you have had an encounter with Jesus, then you have something to tell others about Him. This is why we have the record of God’s encounter with men and women in the Bible. These are recorded to teach us something about God and to help us in our walk with Him.
4. More often than not, you hear some claiming an encounter with God and yet they are still the same. Nothing changes or has changed in their lives or lifestyle. How can they convince anyone of this experience if nothing has changed in their lives? Is it possible that they may have not had an encounter with God? Is it possible they are trying to prove they are more spiritual than others?
5. Has Jesus done anything for you? What would you say about Him today? Then, can you tell someone about it today?
Have you had a salvation or spiritual rebirth experience?
Have you had a personal encounter with Christ?
Has God answered your prayer lately?
Do you have a history with God?
Do you Him intimately?
Are you excited?
HAVE YOU TOLD ANYONE ABOUT THIS?
By Pastor Shadrack Ruto