Appointment of Honorary Consuls in Minnesota, Atlanta and Chicago
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Trade of the Republic of Kenya through the Kenya Mission in Washington, D.C. is in the process of identifying candidates to represent Kenya as Honorary Consuls in Minnesota, Atlanta and Chicago.
Interested candidates must meet the following criteria for consideration:
- Be persons of high standing and with a socially, morally and financially unblemished reputation in the community.
- Be fluent in English and have well developed networks with substantial influence in the community and government circles;
- Possess Knowledge in commerce, trade and investment both locally and globally;
- Be a law abiding citizen without previous criminal conviction;
- Must have the potential to promote bilateral cooperation beneficial to Kenya in the areas of trade, foreign remittances, foreign direct investment, health, emerging technology, agriculture and infrastructure development;
- Meet the requirements of Article 10 of the Constitution of the Republic of Kenya.
- Be able to unify and harness the potential of the Kenyan Diaspora in their localities and assist with consular matters;
- Must have demonstrated strong links with Kenya;
- Able to provide suitable offices, well equipped, staffed and dedicated to the Honorary Consulate where regular office hours shall be maintained.
All interested candidates are required to submit a covering letter setting out their relevant qualifications, experiences and skills in relation to the criteria and other requirements for the post. In addition, applicants must submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae. Applications are to be submitted to the Kenya Embassy in Washington, D.C., 2249 R St. NW, Washington, D.C. 20008 or through email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be received no later than February 20th, 2015.