spot_img
Monday, May 27, 2024
spot_img
spot_img

Saitoti: Abduction case of Zachary Musengi settled out of court.

Saitoti: Abduction case of Zachary Musengi settled out of court.
Saitoti: Abduction case of Zachary Musengi settled out of court.

The widow of late Internal Security minister George Saitoti and a Subukia teacher, who accused her of kidnapping their son, have settled the case out of court.

In the settlement, Sebastian Ngunju and his wife consented never to make claims of being Zachary Musengi’s parents.

They have also agreed to either by themselves or through nominees, emissaries, surrogates, family members or whomever from contacting Margaret Saitoti whether directly or indirectly claiming that Zachary is their son.

- Advertisement -

Ngunju also agreed to withdraw a criminal case seeking permission to institute private prosecution against Margaret accusing her of kidnapping his son over two decades ago.

The consent also directs the Director of Public Prosecution or any other court subordinate to the High Court not to entertain or allow its process be used by any other person to file private prosecution against Saitoti’s widow in relation to the paternity of Zachary. Lawyer Fred Ngatia representing Margaret told JusticeIsaac Lenaola on Thursday that the parties entered into consent on July 8.

The judge adopted the consent as an order from the court.

- Advertisement -

Ngunju last year made sensational claims that Zachary was his son and wanted the widow charged with wrongfully abducting and keeping him. However, Margaret through lawyer Ngatia rushed to High Courtin Nairobi and got orders temporarily stopping her prosecution pending the hearing of the case.

Most despicable

Margaret and her son released statements through their lawyer claiming accusations he was stolen from Nakuru two decades ago were inspired by an ulterior motive.

In sworn affidavits, they said they were no strangers to extortion, blackmail attempts and death threats.

Saitoti’s widow claims she and her late husband brought Zachary up since he was born and adds that she had never met Ngunju or heard of him before July last year. She dismissed the teacher’s lawsuit as “one of the most despicable, callous and vicious efforts to seek improper advantage from me and my family”.-

Source-standardmedia.co.ke

 

Saitoti: Abduction case of Zachary Musengi settled out of court.

 

Related Articles

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles