samuel_kibe2Two men have been imprisoned for 14 years each after being convicted of an incident of grievous bodily harm in Slough.

Samuel Kibe, aged 25, of High Street, Slough, and Julius Mukenge, aged 26, of Church Street, Chalvey, were sentenced today (22/11) at Reading Crown Court.

Mukenge pleaded guilty to one count of GBH on 7 October at the same court. Kibe pleaded guilty to one count of ABH on the same day against a second victim.

Kibe was found guilty by jury for one count of GBH on 18 October. Mukenge was acquitted of one count of ABH.

At about 2.15am on 18 February 2012 the victim, a 34-year-old man, was buying a kebab with a friend, another 34-year-old man, when they were approached by the two defendants and attacked.

The first victim was put to the floor where he was kicked and punched. The second victim was punched and fell to the floor. Kibe and Mukenge left the scene before police arrived, however the incident was witnessed by members of the public.

As a result of a media appeal, Kibe and Mukenge handed themselves in at a police station and were arrested in connection with the incident.

Julius MukengeThe first man suffered life-changing injuries and will require medical care for life. He sustained fractures to his skull and jaw, a bleed on the brain and was left in a coma. Since the attack he has been unable to walk unaided or perform basic tasks as a result of his head injury.

Following the conviction, investigating officer, Det Con Emma Mullenger, said: “I would like to thank the court for the sentences handed out today. The lives of the victims and their families have been devastated by this assault. The sentences will keep the public safe from the two defendants for a substantial period of time.

“The police would like to thank the people who came forward after witnessing the terrible events in Slough High Street last year. We would also like to thank the local media for assisting the police with their appeal, if it had not happened these convictions may have never come about.”

Ruth Bowskill, Temporary Chief Crown Prosecutor for Thames and Chiltern Crown Prosecution Service, said: “This case involved an incident, which resulted in the victim sustaining extensive life changing injuries.

“The victim has been left unable to carry out basic everyday tasks and is expected to have significant ongoing disability, which will require long term, around the clock nursing care and support.

“It is clear that both men acted together, jointly, to attack the victim and that their intention was to cause him serious harm.

“This case represents a tragedy for the victim, and his family, who are devastated by his life changing injuries and the effect they are having on his quality of life.

“We have worked closely with Thames Valley Police since the investigation was launched and as a result of the hard work and diligence of the prosecution team, a just outcome has been achieved.

“We know that nothing can undo what happened to the victim, we hope that today’s conviction and sentence brings him and his family and friends at least a small sense that justice has been done. Our thoughts are very much with them all at this time.”

– Source:

Comment on the article

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

%d bloggers like this: