DUBAI-BASED KENYAN PROMOTER RELEASED FROM JAIL
Hassan was jailed last year in August and was released last weekend.
Speaking to Nairobi News on a phone interview, Hassan refused to divulge the crime he had committed, but confirmed that he was released on Sunday.
“Yes, I have been in jail but I’m now out and ready to pick up from where I left,” he told Nairobi News, Thursday morning.
Hassan hit the headlines last year when he was accused of allegedly conning several Kenyan musicians and DJs.
He had taken several artistes to Dubai for performances but could not pay their performance fees as agreed.
Some of the artistes who the promoter owes money include Cannibal, Mike Rua, DJ Kaydee, DJ Crème de la Crème, among others.
“We all make mistakes in the industry and learn from them. I am now rebranding and setting the record straight, something that I will communicate with the media once I settle down,” he said.