Suspect to be charged over Muchai murder
A suspect will on Friday be charged in connection with the murder of Kabete MP George Muchai, Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery has said.
The man was arrested in Kangemi on Wednesday, four days after gangsters shot and killed the MP, his driver and two police bodyguards.
“So far, investigators have covered significant ground and made good progress. In this regard, one suspect will be appearing in court tomorrow to face charges related to the murder of the MP and three others.
“Let me also point out that as a result of good leads so far obtained from the suspects and eye witnesses interviewed by the police, investigators are in hot pursuit of other suspects,” he said.
The minister made the announcement at the ministry’s Harambee House headquarters and was flanked by Acting Inspector-General Samuel Arachi and Director of Criminal Investigations Ndegwa Muhoro.
Maj Gen (rtd) Nkaissery linked the incident to other carjackings which he said happened before the murder.
He said the gangsters used a Toyota Spacio which they had stolen earlier in Wangige, taking two women hostage.
The other carjacking happened at Kangemi shopping centre.