I have New Evidence on Uhuru and Muthaura – Bensouda claims after court rejects her earlier Evidence.

Wednesday January 16, 2013 –International Criminal Court (ICC) Chief Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda has claimed that she has new evidence to incriminate Deputy Prime Minister Uhuru Kenyatta and former Head of Civil Service Francis Muthaura.

In her brief at the ICC website on Tuesday, Bensouda, who is a Gambian national, said she had gathered enough evidence sufficient to prove that Uhuru Kenyatta and Francis Muthaura supplied guns and police uniforms to attackers in Naivasha during the 2007-08 post election violence.
Bensouda has now written to the Pre-Trial chamber V Judges requesting them to allow her insert a new charge sheet that will cement the evidence she has against the two.
The Trial court had earlier requested the prosecutor to remove the “factual allegations that 6 victims were killed by gunshots” contained in the first murder count for Naivasha.
The Judges rejected that particular allegation because of insufficient evidence that Uhuru and Muthaura supplied guns and police uniforms.
“The Chamber is thus of the view that the prosecution should not include the allegation that gunshots were the cause of some of the alleged killings in Naivasha,” the Judges said.
Bensouda now says she is set with new evidence which will be tabled in April when the cases against the two commences at The Hague, Netherlands.
Source:The Kenyan DAILY POST

Comment on the article

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

%d bloggers like this: