‘Mungiki’ property is mine – Njenga

0 33

maina-njenga-Ex-Mungiki leader Maina Njenga has said all his property is privately owned and none of his followers is demanding a share. Njenga recorded a statement with police on Tuesday evening, following the weekend incident in which a convoy he was traveling in was shot at, killing five people.

Njenga said the reported infighting over the property is a creation of the police, who are setting the stage to assassinate him and members of his church. “I own property in Kitengela as an individual. I have not grabbed anybody’s property as alleged,” Maina said.

- Advertisement -

He was briefing the media after recording the police statement in a Nairobi hospital where he is undergoing treatment. His lawyer, senior counsel Paul Muite, witnessed the statement taking.

Njenga was ambushed by unidentified people near Nyahururu. His Subaru Forester car and a saloon car were sprayed with bullets. He suffered gunshot wounds in his shoulder and fingers, while five people he was traveling with died at the scene of the shooting. Three others were injured.

Njenga has insisted that his attackers were police officers. Muite refused to comment on the circumstances of the attack. “I do not have any story, Maina has the story,” Muite told reporters.

Njenga repeated his earlier claims that there is an elaborate plan by security agencies to cause division in his Hope International Ministries church and kill innocent youths.

“This plan was scripted as early as last year. The same people said that one of my members had stabbed me in the abdomen while demanding a share of my Kitengela land,” said Maina.

In July 2013 it was reported that Njenga sustained a wound in the abdomen after a church member stabbed him while demanding a share of land in Kitengela during a stormy meeting. Njenga said he will not be cowed and will “continue spreading the Gospel” after leaving hospital.

Several members of his church have died in disputes connected to property. Three weeks ago, the bodies of seven were found buried in a mass grave on the border of Kajiado and Machakos counties. A postmortem determined that two of them were strangled to death.

– the-star.co.ke

Comment on the article

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. AcceptRead More

google_ad_client: "ca-pub-2079790220574376", enable_page_level_ads: true });
%d bloggers like this: