INSPIRATIONAL MESSAGE: ONLY FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT
Have you ever been involved in a discussion or conflict and the midst of it ask; how in the world did I ever get here; where did this come from? The answer to these questions is distractions! They come in various forms and ways, but it’s imperative that we stay strategically focused to our visions and goals. So, in 2017, only fight the good fight!
The Apostle Paul in his final instructions to Timothy, a young Pastor encourages him to Fight the Good fight of Faith-1 Timothy 6:12– Fight the good fight o the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses.
I encourage you this week and in 2017 to only focus on what advances the Kingdom of God in you and the purposes of God in your life. Fight Kingdom style:
· Fight with the weapons of righteousness on both hands –2Corinthians 6:7
· Fight with your mind set on things that are above not below. Colossians 3:2
· Fight by bringing your mind to subject to God and every contract thought to submit to God’s authority-2 Corinthians 10:5
· Fight my guarding your heart-Proverbs 4:23
· Fight by studying the Word of God-2Timothy 2:15
· Fight with the weapons of warfare which are we know are mighty to bring down stronghold. The weapons are, salvation, righteous, faith, truth, peace, the Word of God, prayer.2Corinthians 10:4
· Fight by not getting into unnecessary arguments-1Timothy 2:23
· Fight by not being unequally yoked-2 Corinthians 6:14
· Fight by bearing the fruits of the Spirit-Galatians 5:22-23
· Fight through worship, prayer, thanksgiving, by the blood of the Lamb and in the Name of Jesus-Revelation 12:11
· Fight by staying alert and vigilant-1 Peter 5:8
· Fight by staying bold and Courageous Joshua 1:9
· Fight by submitting to the Holy Spirit –Galatians 5:16, James 4:7-10
Fight by relinquishing the fight to the Holy Spirit knowing that it not by our strength, gifts or skills, but by the Holy Spirit. Fight knowing Greater is He that is you and he that is in the world.
Let us Enact and Activate the Kingdom of God in our lives, for our marriages, for our children, for our families for our jobs and businesses. This week only purpose to engage in what advances God’s Kingdom in your live and in the lives others. Only fight the good fight.