Top 10 most corrupt cabinet ministers in Kenya
1. Amos Muhinga Kimunya– Transport Minister Amos Kimunya is the most corrupt Minister in the current cabinet. Kimunya, who is also the Kipipiri MP, has topped the list due to some mega scandals which have put him on the spotlight. Among the scandals Kimunya is involved in is Sh 2.8 billion Grand Regency Hotel sacndal, Sh4.6 billion money printing scandal and the Sh 56 billion airport tender scandal.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
2. Prof Anyang Nyong’o – The Medical Services Minister Prof Anyang has been on the headlines over the National Hospital Insurance Fund. Nyong’o who is ODM Secretary General has been on the spotlight over mass plundering of billions of shillings belonging to NHIF. It is also alleged that Prof Anyang wired Sh 900 million to his personal accounts in Jersey and Cayman islands. Nyong’o is an MP for Kisumu Rural
3. Otieno Kajwang – The Immigration Minister is also on the corruption list. His tender deals on passport and identity cards are questionable. It is alleged that the minister is the god father of the corruption dogma in immigration ministry. Billions of shillings pass on his hands through issuance of illegal passports and citizenship. Kajwang is MP for Mbita.
4. James Orengo – Most of his friends refer to him as Jim, the Land Minister has not been involved in any named scandal but he is a corruption submarine who operates underground behesting corruption. Syokimau and Eastleigh demolitions had his stamp approval. Orengo is MP for Ugenya.
5. Shoita Shitanda – The Housing Minister is also on the corruption boat; recently he was on the spotlight over the illegal allocation of government houses to PS Francis Kimemia and Starehe MP Margaret Wanjiru. Shitanda even went ahead and gave a government houses to his wife and relatives.
6. Moses Wetangula – The Sirisia MP and Trade Minister is also on the top ten list. The Tokyo scandal where the Kenyan taxpayer lost over 1.2 billion is on his shoulders. Wetangula by then was Foreign Affairs minister. His firm was also involved in the Turkana oil saga where he made over a billion.
7. Kiraitu Murungi – The Harvard trained lawyer and Energy Minister has also made it in the list of shame. Kiraitu has been involved in series of scandals from Aglo Leasing to owning cartels in the energy industry most recently is the Turkana oil discovery where he has raked in billions from illegal tendering processes.
8. Dr Paul Otuoma – The shame which we experienced in the just concluded London Olympics was orchestrated by the Sports and Cultural Affairs Minister. Despite his pretence that he is promoting sports activities, the minister has involved himself in a series of scandals which eventually will wipe Kenya as a sporting nation.
9. Joseph Nyaga – the Cooperative Minister is also on the list of shame. Money laundering in KPCU has tainted his tenure as a minister. In the last two years, 205 billion has been laundered by cartels with the stamp of the Cooperative Minister.
10. Prof Sam Ongeri – A key confidante of President Mwai Kibaki, Ongeri who is currently the Foreign affairs minister has weathered a lot of storms, but he has also made it in the list of shame. Ongeri was involved in the massive plunder of billions of shillings meant for free education kitty which jeopardised the free primary education programme.
This list excludes the 4 senior principals of the coalition government: The President, Prime Minister and the 2 Deputy prime Ministers……. It only reflects Ministers.
Source:The Kenyan DAILY POST