Job Opportunity:Youth Director and Administrative Assistant in Dallas
Victory Chapel Church Dallas seeks to fill a full – time dual position for Youth Director and Administrative Assistant. As the Director of Youth Ministry, the candidate shall be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our students’ ministry, Grades 6-12 and coordinate and work closely with our children’s ministry department K – 5th Grade.
As an Administrative assistant, the candidate shall handle administrative duties aimed at freeing the pastor to concentrate on ministry to the church. This unique position requires a certain set of qualifications as outlined below. All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA and pass criminal and background checks.
Responsibilities as Youth Director:
- As Youth Director the candidate shall teach, train, mentor and equip students according to scripture.
- Provide leadership and oversee the children and students ministries.
- Praying for the teens.
- Develop and run a Saturday out door program for teens.
- Recruit and train volunteers to serve in the youth ministry.
- Prepare the budget for youth ministry.
- Facilitate the youth’s involvement in camps, retreats and other appropriate outdoor activities.
Responsibilities as Administrative Assistant:
- Managing the church office.
- Handling communication with guests, members and the board.
- Data entry.
- Coordinate planning and keeping of the church calendar.
Qualifications for Youth Director:
- The candidate must be a born again believer, who enjoys working with teenagers.
- If married the candidate must meet all the qualifications for church leaders outlined in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5.
- A certificate or diploma from a bible college with an emphasis on children or student ministry.
- At least a year’s experience working with children or students in a Bible believing local church.
Qualification for Administrative Assistant:
- A certificate in management or any experience working at an administrative position.
- Basic computer skills in email systems, word, excel, power point and printing configurations.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficiency in Planning.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to connect with people easily.
- Ability to identify solutions, prevent and solve problems.
- Dependable, works independently but knows when to seek assistance
- Pass background Checks and drug screen
Application Deadline: Feb. 20th 2015
Apply by sending your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]