Kenyan man Billy Kipkorir Chemirmir 11 new charges of capital murder
Kenyan man Billy Kipkorir Chemirmir 11 new charges of capital murderBilly Chemirmir
Billy Chemirmir, 46, has now been indicted on 11 new charges of capital murder in the deaths of elderly women in Dallas and Collin counties.
A 46-year-old home health worker is now linked to the deaths of 12 elderly women in Dallas, Frisco and Plano.
Billy Chemirmir, 46, has been in custody since March 2018 on a capital murder charge in connection with the smothering death of 81-year-old Lu Thi Harris.
Now he faces new charges in the deaths of 11 other women. Court records show each woman was killed in the same way — smothered by a pillow.
Investigators said early on they believed Chemirmir was linked to more deaths, but he had not faced new charges in a year.
Five new indictments in Collin County were made public Thursday. Six new indictments in Dallas County were made public Wednesday.
Chemirmir was indicted this week on six new charges of capital murder in the deaths of elderly women in Dallas County. He was also indicted in Collin County on five new charges of capital murder.
His bail is now set at more than $9 million. There’s also an immigration hold on him, according to Dallas County jail records.
Court records show Chemirmir is a citizen of Kenya.
Chemirmir was indicted this week in Dallas and Collin county in the deaths of:
- Phyllis Payne, 91, on May 14, 2016
- Phoebe Perry, 94, on June 5, 2016
- Norma French, 85, on Oct. 8, 2016
- Doris Gleason, 92, on Oct. 29, 2016
- Minnie Campbell on Oct. 31, 2017
- Carolyn MacPhee on Dec. 31, 2017
- Rosemary Curtis, 76, on Jan. 17, 2018
- Mary Brooks on Jan. 31, 2018
- Martha Williams on March 4, 2018
- Miriam Nelson on March 9, 2018
- Ann Conklin on March 18, 2018
Court records show each of the women was smothered with a pillow.